All of our newly hired staff are given an orientation and training in workplace safety. In addition, Canstar provides recurrent training opportunities for long-term employees.
Quality restoration work relies upon well-trained employees, and everyone at Canstar is encouraged to continue their education in the restoration field including the following:
- Canstar Restorations: In-house training programs
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification(IICRC): Industry training and courses
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA): Networking, education and certificate programs and courses
- Canadian Standards Association(CSA) Testing, inspection and certification services
- Restoration Industry Education: Post-secondary programs and courses
- Apprenticeships: Programs in support of a variety of trades
We collaborate with insurance industry stakeholders to provide education on restoration technology and best practices. We also offer educational seminars to property management companies, non-profit housing groups and the Insurance Institute of British Columbia.
DKI Canada Membership
Canstar is a member of DKI Canada — a nationally recognized network of restoration companies. DKI membership assures our customers that we meet or exceed minimum industry standards and fulfill benchmark requirements in maintaining consistent levels of customer service and efficiency.