All of our newly hired staff are given an orientation and training in workplace safety. In addition, Canstar provides recurrent training opportunities for long-term employees.
Quality restoration work relies upon well-trained employees, and everyone at Canstar is encouraged to continue their education in the restoration field including the following:
- Canstar Restorations: In-house training programs
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification(IICRC): Industry training and courses
- Restoration Industry Association (RIA): Networking, education and certificate programs and courses
- Canadian Standards Association(CSA) Testing, inspection and certification services
- Restoration Industry Education: Post-secondary programs and courses
- Apprenticeships: Programs in support of a variety of trades
We collaborate with insurance industry stakeholders to provide education on restoration technology and best practices. We also offer educational seminars to property management companies, non-profit housing groups and the Insurance Institute of British Columbia.