Appliance Leak Restoration
Canstar Fire & Flood Is Your Local Appliance Restoration Pro
If your appliance has failed and leaked water into your home, you need a knowledgeable and experienced team of professionals to assist with cleanup. Canstar Fire & Flood provides appliance leak restoration services for home and business owners throughout British Columbia and Alberta. Not only can a leak cause damage to your home, but it can also cause an inconvenience when you’re unable to use the appliance correctly. With years of combined training, our restoration professionals can quickly and accurately diagnose the issue and provide comprehensive services to prevent further damage to your home. If your appliance is leaking, it’s essential you act quickly. Contact our professionals immediately to ensure your home is protected.
Which Appliances Can Cause Water Damage?
As a homeowner, knowing which appliance is susceptible to leaking can help you more quickly identify if there’s a significant issue with your appliance. Water is one of the most destructive forces in nature. Whether it’s caused by rainwater, flood, or a broken appliance, water damage can compromise the health and safety of you and your family if not properly cleaned and dried. That is why it’s crucial you call our experts immediately for water leak damage restoration services. Some of the most common appliances that are prone to failure include:
- Refrigerator – Water is critical to your refrigerator to help create ice. Unfortunately, a water leak is more likely to occur with so many working parts. A leaky water line, defrost drain, or evaporator fan motor malfunction can all lead to a refrigerator water leak, and hidden water damage under your floors and in your walls that could lead to mold growth if not cleaned up and dried properly.
- Dishwasher – Your dishwasher is one of the most water-intensive appliances in your kitchen. Water is diverted from your sink line and into the dishwasher to clean the dishes before being drained. A broken seal or a leaky inlet or outlet line can lead to significant water damage.
- Washing Machine – The washing machine uses gallons of water to clean soiled clothing. Often, they are on their own water line, making it easier to determine the cause of the issue. Common issues that lead to water damage include broken seals and leaky inlet and outlet lines.
- Hot Water Heater – Hot water heaters are giant metal containers that heat and disperse water used throughout your home. When they fail, that water may end up all over and under your home’s floor. Loose connections or gaskets and metal corrosion are common issues that lead to water damage.
- AC Unit – Whether you have a window AC unit or central air, your air conditioner creates water that must be diverted safely from your home. Unfortunately, when a drain line is clogged or leaking or an overflow pan is cracked, it can cause the water to damage your home.
How Can I Prevent Further Damage in My Home?
There are many common signs a homeowner can look for to determine if an appliance is leaking: a decrease in water pressure to the appliance or failure to start a cycle; musty odor; mold; the presence of water-loving insects; raised or gapped flooring.
It is a worrying sign if you notice any amount of water in your home without an explanation, so it’s essential to contact a professional immediately for cleanup. However, there are a few steps homeowners can take to prevent further damage while they wait for a professional to respond:
- Turn off the Water Main – Homeowners should know where their water shut-off valves are If they notice any amount of water leaking from an appliance, shut the water off immediately.
- Unplug the Appliance – Appliances that rely on electricity to run should be unplugged if it’s safe to do so. Electric outlets can cause safety and fire hazards if they become wet. Similarly, you may want to flip the breaker for the appliance.
- Dry the Area – Using a mop and towels to clean up the water will help prevent damage to your home. Mould and mildew thrive in warm and wet places.
Comprehensive Appliance Leak Detection Process
Throughout our years of service, our team of professionals has perfected an appliance leak detection process that allows us to diagnose the problem quickly and accurately. When dealing with water and moisture, timeliness is essential. Ignoring or inadequate diagnosis and lack of water damage restoration can lead to significant issues for your home. We’re available 24/7 to handle all your water emergencies. Our appliance leak detection process includes:
- Drying Process
- Removal of Destroyed Materials
- Restoration and Placement of Damaged Areas of Your Home
Choose British Columbia and Alberta’s Trusted Professionals
Canstar Fire & Flood is the area’s trusted leader for water damage restoration due to appliance failure. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of professionals utilizes the latest equipment, techniques, and technology to ensure your home is safe for you and your family. Many appliances in your home utilize water for cleaning or operation. Unfortunately, once they fail, they can cause thousands of dollars in damage to your home. Let our experienced professionals eliminate the water and ensure no mould or mildew is causing a health hazard in your home. We’re available 24/7, so you can count on us when you need us. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.