Residential & Commercial Catastrophe Restoration
After a natural disaster or severe weather events, such as an ice storm, wind storm, or widespread flash floods, you’ll need immediate assistance from a disaster recovery firm you can trust. At Canstar Fire & Flood, we recognize the devastation that all types of extreme weather disasters can cause to individuals, companies, and communities. We are here to help you if you have suffered storm damage, regardless of the circumstances.
If There’s Storm Damage
Storms bring all types of damages to your property. They can include:
- Extreme Winds
Although rare, we know how storms can affect Lower Mainland residents. We’ve been helping homeowners and businesses repair and rebuild storm-damaged buildings with 35 years in business and years of experience. Learn more about how we can help you rebuild after disaster strikes. It’s important to act fast after a devastating storm rolls through to prevent additional water damage from taking place.
What Should I Do After a Storm?
The moments following a storm are important to keeping you and your property safe and avoiding further damage. Make sure the storm is, in fact, gone before leaving your shelter. You and your family’s safety is always the number one priority. Here’s a brief step-by-step of what you should do following a devastating storm or severe weather.
Take inventory of your damaged and personal items. If accessible and safe, remove valuables. Survey your property inside and out. Clear loose debris from the area. Take pictures of the damage and catalogue it for your insurance provider. Use extreme caution before you touch anything. Storms can bring down dangerous power lines. Some other tips include:
• Wear proper safety attire, such as secure boots and gloves
• Do not use electrical outlets, fuse panels, and appliances if they have been damaged.
• Do not attempt to force stuck or jammed doors
• Avoid sagging floors and ceilings as they can collapse
• Throw away food and medicine that has been compromised
The sooner you call us, the better. We will work with you to get fast, dependable service to start the cleanup process. Storm damage, if left unattended, will get worse with water damage. The longer water sits stagnant in and around your property, mould and mildew begin to grow. Report and begin the claim process. 1-844-806-4612.
If you need to know your insurance provider’s number or need to contact a new provider, view our list here. list of Insurers.
How We Help You
While you can take inventory of your personal items and start some of the recovery process, it’s better to leave it to our team of professionals. Your health and safety are more important. Floodwater can be contaminated, and damaged power lines and other utilities can be very hazardous. The team arrives in full personal protective equipment (PPE) to start the disaster recovery process. Our initial recovery services include:
• Content removal
• Storing and disposing of items
• Boarding up windows
• Perimeter fencing
• Roof taping
• Water extraction
• Smoke removal
We do a full walkthrough of your home to help you determine specifically what in-depth repairs and construction need to be completed. Our team works directly with you to keep you up-to-date and in the know about our process.
We begin the more intensive reconstruction process to repair your home. This phase can consist of all types of construction, including:
• Structural repairs
• Flooring repairs/replacement
If not addressed promptly, even a seemingly small issue can have significant consequences, such as:
- Ingress of floodwater mixed with street residue, lawn fertilizer and other chemicals
- Building material degradation, which can lead to structural damage
- Deterioration of floors, walls and other indoor surfaces
- Excess humidity resulting in mould and bacteria growth
How Can Hail Damage Affect a Home?
Hail damage can be detrimental to a home. It can affect all parts of the exterior surface, including:
- Roof – Your roof takes the most impact from a hail storm. Hail can dent, puncture, crack, and bruise your roofing elements. Leaks can cause extensive water damage, and unrepaired damages can lead to earlier roofing replacements.
- Siding – Your home’s siding may be cracked, dented, and warped from hail. Vinyl is prone to chipping and warping, while aluminum and wood typically dent. Moisture can seep through, leading to rot, mildew, and mold.
- Windows and Gutters – Hail often breaks window panes and window seals, leading to moisture and air leaks seeping through the holes. Gutters and downspouts are often dented and knocked loose.
Signs of Hail Damage
The most common signs of hail damage include:
- Roofing – You may notice shingles have divots that are soft to the touch, missing granules, and visible shingle damage.
- Siding – Siding often shows holes, warps, cracks, dents, oxidation marks, and buckling.
- Windows – It’s important to check for fog, moisture, and drafts between the panes and on the window sills. Windows may also show cracks, chips, and dents.
- Rain Gutters – Gutters may have dents or become dislodged. You may also notice clogging.
- Water Damage – Untreated hail damage often shows rot, mold, mildew, and leaks inside your home.
Staying Safe During A Hail Storm
A hail storm can be scary, so it’s important that you take precautions to ensure your safety. The size of hail and the amount of wind during hail storms can cause serious injury. The most important things to do during a hail storm to stay safe include:
- Take shelter as soon as possible. If you’re outdoors, it’s important to remember that usual shelters like trees are dangerous due to high winds and lightning.
- Stay away from windows and keep the curtains and blinds closed.
- Stay close to your mobile phone and radio to stay informed about the storm.
- Don’t use candles to light because they may be knocked over during the storm.
The Path to Storm Damage Restoration
One of the first things to do after assessing your own storm damage is to contact your insurance provider for a professional assessment. We offer a list of approved insurance providers for your convenience. Canstar Fire and Flood is ready to professional repair and restore the hail-damaged parts of your home. Our experts in storm damage restoration provide fast and effective assistance to inspect the structural integrity of your home and begin remediation. You can trust our experienced team to perform superior disaster restoration services for your home.
What’s Canstar Fire and Flood Going to Do?
We’re experts in storm damage restoration and should be called as soon as possible to assess any damage that occurs to your property. For the safety of building occupants, all weather-damaged structures must be inspected for structural integrity. Once stabilized, we board up the structure, if necessary, and begin remediation immediately.
Our experienced teams are trained to deal with all damage and contamination issues and will remove extra debris, carefully remove your belongings and relocate them to our restoration facilities for cleaning, decontamination, drying, and storage.
We’ll decontaminate any affected areas, drying and dehumidifying the entire building before restoration work begins, ensuring all moisture issues are resolved prior to reconstruction work and return of your items. Don’t wait. Contact us immediately following a natural disaster on your home. Our team works quickly and efficiently to help mitigate damages and restore your property without delay.