Choose Canstar Fire & Flood for Hazardous Material Removal
You expect your home to be safe for you and your family. However, if you uncover asbestos in your home, you may not know who to turn to for assistance. Canstar Fire & Flood provides asbestos identification and removal services in Alberta and British Columbia. Asbestos is a harmful material that was once used in a wide variety of building materials. However, it can cause severe health problems to individuals who have been exposed to it. Luckily, our team of professionals follows a comprehensive process to remove or encapsulate asbestos so you and your family can feel safe in your own home. Contact our knowledgeable and experienced professionals today to schedule an asbestos inspection.
What Is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a natural-occurring mineral made up of thin fibers. It is resistant to heat, electricity, and corrosion, which makes it an excellent insulator and fireproofing material. Unfortunately, when the fibers break down, they can become inhaled. Once asbestos enters the lungs, it can lead to various health problems, including lung cancer, asbestosis, mesothelioma, and more. Asbestos fibers can linger in the air for hours, making those that work with the material even more susceptible to health issues. It’s critical to ensure your home is free from asbestos to keep you and your family safe.
What Items Can Contain Asbestos?
The insulation properties of asbestos made it a popular building material. In fact, it was still used widely until about 1990. However, Canada didn’t ban residential asbestos products until 2018. Many homes throughout the country still contain asbestos-based products. Asbestos still has a variety of military and industrial uses. It was used in products designed to fireproof, insulate, or even provide aesthetic appeal to your home. Some of the most common products which contain asbestos include:
- Flooring Tiles – Many homes built between 1920 and 1980 that have not been remodeled likely contain asbestos floor tiles. Asbestos floor tiles don’t pose a health risk except when attempting to remove or alter them.
- Insulation – Asbestos fibers were added to loose-fill, block, and spray-on insulation to help improve its fire resistance until about 1980. If you’re considering removing old insulation to install new insulation, consider contacting a professional.
- Popcorn Ceiling – Popcorn ceilings were common and popular from the 1940s to the early 1990s. However, they are not nearly as popular today. Unfortunately, any attempts to remove a popcorn ceiling while renovating your home could lead to exposure.
Our Asbestos Inspection and Removal Process
Living with asbestos in your home may make you feel uneasy. Slight disturbances to asbestos materials can cause the fibers to enter the air for hours. Whether you’re considering remodeling your home or want the peace of mind that your home is asbestos-free, you can count on our team to assist you. Attempting to remove asbestos without the proper materials and equipment can worsen the environment and lead to exposure. At Canstar Fire & Flood, we follow a comprehensive inspection and removal process to ensure your home is safe for you and your family. Our service includes:
- Inspection – During the inspection process, our team will extract materials from your home and send them to the lab for testing. There is no on-site testing procedure. By having the sample sent to the lab, we can more accurately determine if your home is at risk.
- Recommendation – Once we receive the test results, our team will contact you regarding the next steps. We may recommend that the rest of the material be removed. Whatever our team recommends, you can feel safe and confident we can complete the project safely.
- Removal – You can trust our certified and professional team to safely remove the materials from your home. We understand the hazards that asbestos causes you and your family, and we take significant precautions so that once we’re through our project, your home will be safe for everyone living there.
Skilled and Experienced Asbestos Removal Company
Since 1985, Canstar Fire & Flood has provided homeowners throughout Albert and British Columbia with asbestos inspection and removal services. Our knowledgeable professionals have years of experience correctly identifying and safely removing asbestos in homes throughout the community. We utilize the proper equipment and techniques to prevent health and safety concerns for you or your family. As the area’s most trusted local asbestos removal company, you can always count on us to keep you safe. Contact our team today to schedule your asbestos consultation and discover if this common and dangerous material is present in your home.