Choose Canstar Fire & Flood for Roof Leak Restoration
As the local leader for water damage restoration, Canstar Fire & Flood has been providing roof leak detection and restoration services in Alberta and British Columbia since 1985. Our knowledgeable and experienced team can quickly and accurately identify structural issues with your roof and make the proper recommendation for repairs and water damage restoration. Even the smallest amount of water can lead to significant rot, causing severe structural issues in your home. Identifying and repairing roof leaks immediately can ensure your home and family are safe. If you suspect you have a water leak in your home, contact our team today to schedule a consultation.
What Causes Roof Leaks?
Every year rainwater causes millions of dollars in damage to homes throughout the country. Your roof is designed to divert hundreds of gallons of water away from home to keep you and your family dry during storms. If any part of your roofing system is damaged, it can create an avenue for water to enter your home. Whether you’re a new homeowner or have lived in your home for decades, roof trouble can occur at nearly any moment. If you notice any of the following issues with your roof, you may already have water in your attic:
- Old Roofs – Depending on the quality of installation and the type of material used, the lifespan of your roof can vary. However, if your roof is beginning to reach the end of its life, it’s more susceptible to water damage especially if it hasn’t received regular maintenance.
- Damaged Flashing – Flashing is installed around chimneys, skylights, and along any exterior walls extending above the roof line. Flashing provides additional protection against rain along the seams of your roof. Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the seam leading to leaks in your home.
- Damaged Roofs – Missing and loose or broken shingles and pooling water are all signs that your roof or sub-roof needs to be replaced. Your roof is an entire water protection system. When a single element of that roof is damaged, replacement or repair is necessary.
- Moss Growth – Some homeowners may not think the moss growing on their roof is anything to concern themselves with. However, moss roots will extend under the shingles, allowing water to reach the sub-roof below. Moss should be removed from your roof by a professional along with regular inspections.
What Are the Signs I Have Roof Damage?
Once your roof has deteriorated to the point water is entering your home, it’s critical that you act fast to prevent extensive damage. Once the water has entered your attic, it creates an ideal condition for mould to thrive. Mould can quickly spread throughout your attic leading to major health complications. If you store valuables in your attic, such as important documents and memorabilia, they are also at risk of being damaged or destroyed. Be aware of the following signs that water has entered your home through the roof:
- Water Spotting – Many homeowners are familiar with water spots. Water leaks onto your ceiling and creates a yellow or greyish ring. It may or may not be wet to the touch.
- Dripping – During heavy rainstorms, you may hear dripping coming from the attic as the water leaks through the roof. Water should never enter your home, regardless of the severity of the storm.
- Musty Smell – A musty smell is typically caused by an excessive amount of moisture. If there’s a musty smell in your attic, it may be due to a roof leak or the presence of mould.
Roof Leak Water Damage Restoration
At Canstar Fire & Flood, we provide comprehensive roof leak damage repair and remediation to protect your home and family. Our team has decades of experience offering specialized water cleanup services. When you choose us for roof leak repair and remediation, we’ll meet with you to uncover your concerns and determine if our service is right for you. Our friendly and knowledgeable professionals are always available to answer any questions you may have. We follow a complete water damage restoration process, including:
- Identification – The first step in any roof restoration process is identifying where the water is entering your home. Our approach may include a visual inspection of the roof and attic. We’ve completed hundreds of roof leak projects, so we know the signs to look out for.
- Repair – Once we’ve discovered where water is entering your home, we may recommend either a roof leak repair or an entire replacement. We’ll coordinate with our professional roofing team to ensure the damage is repaired for a water-free home.
- Remediation – We’ll begin working to eliminate any signs of moisture in your attic. If your attic is unfinished, it may be as simple as installing air movers and a dehumidifier. However, if the space is finished, we may recommend removing wet or unsalvageable items such as carpets, furniture, or boxes of storage items.
Trusted Roof Leak Repair and Remediation Company
Homeowners throughout Alberta and British Columbia trust us to provide comprehensive roof leak repair services to ensure water is unable to enter their homes. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of professionals knows the common signs that a roof may be leaking and have the tools, knowledge, and experience to make the necessary repairs. If your roof is beginning to show signs of damage, then consider contacting our team today for a roof leak consultation. Our team is available 24/7 for all your roof leak remediation services.