Position: Canstar Services Manager
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Status: Full-time, Permanent
As Canstar Restorations builds upon its 35-year history, we are continually looking for new ways to better serve our customers. To that point, Canstar will be building out a new division within the company, Canstar Service. This new division will focus on the strata and property management industry by providing new services related to carpet cleaning, general maintenance, and unit turnovers. In addition, we will be expanding our assessment services by adding air quality, environmental hazard assessments and offering our building mapping capabilities by leveraging Matterport technology.
The Canstar Service Manager will lead this new division and be integral in delivering these new services by leveraging their working knowledge of the strata and property management industry and bringing an entrepreneurial mindset. If this sounds like you, please have a look at the posting below and we look forward to hearing from you.
Perks & Benefits
- Company laptop and cell phone
- Company vehicle
- Extended Health (including vision), dental, life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
- Three weeks vacation + paid personal days
- RRSP matching after six months service
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and build sales relationships with strata property management companies.
- Service and manage a portfolio of buildings, overseeing a site-based Property Services personnel.
- Ensure quality service standards are maintained through attracting, hiring, assessing, and coaching team members, and regularly visiting assigned buildings to provide ongoing support and monitor for consistent service delivery.
- Achieve a high level of client satisfaction and client retention by maintaining accountability throughout the team and implementing Canstar Services best practices.
- Own quality assurance at each assigned property through a schedule of regular inspections.
- Implement and uphold Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all properties.
- Work collaboratively with the Strata Manager(s) assigned to your portfolio and communicate and/or meet with Council as appropriate.
- Contribute to the financial and operating efficiency through identifying areas for improvement and implementing related projects.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience working within strata/property management.
- Building sales- and business relationships.
- Supervising and building service delivery teams, with direct responsibility for the selection, training and performance management of staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to the role, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have experience with strata/property management, achieving sales targets, improving service quality, and who bring a strong knowledge of Employment Standards and WorkSafe BC requirements.
- A valid drivers’ license is required for this role, as the Services Manager is required to frequently travel between properties that are not transit accessible.
- A clean criminal record and driver’s abstract as it relates to work is required for this role.
- This position primarily reports out of the Coquitlam office but will be on the road, travelling to sites and clients regularly.
- Monday – Friday with flexible day time shifts
Canstar Restorations is a full-service restoration company with 11 branches in BC and Alberta. Based out of Coquitlam, BC, we have helped people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire and water. We currently have over 250 employees and take pride in being reputable for delivering high quality work since 1985.
Canstar is moving into new service markets as it aims to become a regional and eventually, a national, restoration company. With committed owners, an experienced management team and a strong reputation in the market, Canstar is well positioned to grow.
If this sounds like a great career growth opportunity for you, and you want to be a part of an amazing team, please send your resume to email@example.com today!
*AGENCIES: PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US ABOUT ANY OF OUR AVAILABLE ROLES*