Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar Restorations is a proud Canadian company that has been in operation since 1985. We help people by restoring their homes or businesses after flood, fire or storm damage. We have branches in Coquitlam, Surrey (Port Kells), Abbotsford, Whistler and Vancouver. We offer a friendly work environment, generous health & dental benefits, RRSP-matching as well as opportunities for advancement. Once we take care of our customers, we know how to celebrate our successes: from Popcorn Fridays, LobsterFest each September, quarterly pancake & bacon breakfasts, to an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families, Canstar takes care of their employees too!
- Monthly ‘Bring-Your-Pooch-to-Work’ days!
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits for you and your family
- Industry-related Tuition Reimbursement (50% – 100% of tuition costs!)
- Employer-matched RRSP Plan (the longer you’re with us, the more we will contribute for you!)
The Warehouse Technician assists the Facilities Department Supervisor in the day-to-day operations of the warehouse. This includes, but is not limited to, the reconciliation of goods shipped and received, regular stocktaking, cleaning equipment and making minor repairs. The incumbent is also responsible for general building maintenance and data entry of material and equipment inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow warehouse procedures for cleaning, handling and safe storage of inventory
- Assist Department Managers to fulfill their equipment and supplies needs
- Upkeep of material/supply and inventory tracking records, specifically quantities and location of, and/or person who signed items out
- Complete warehouse administration: data entry, filing, record keeping in excel and PSA
- Check, clean and maintain store equipment and rentals in good working order
- Arrange for pickup or delivery of products as needed
- Maintain accurate inventory of outside bins
- Ensure that the store area is clean, safe and secure at all times
- Inspects, cleans and conducts minor repairs on all related equipment
- General building maintenance under the direction of Facilities Supervisor
- Ensure all relevant safety standards are followed according to Canstar and WorkSafe BC requirements
- Note: These are representative duties and responsibilities but are not all encompassing and may change from time to time
Education and Experience
- Two to three years of experience in an industrial warehouse environment is considered an asset
- Valid Forklift Operator certification is beneficial
- Valid BC drivers’ licence is considered an asset
- Previous working experience in the restoration or construction industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good computer skills in MS office, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to take direction and follow pre-established guidelines
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision
- Manual dexterity required for operating forklift
- This position primarily reports out of Canstar’s Coquitlam warehouse
- Work may be of a physical nature
- Working with cleaning, deodorization and antimicrobial products on a daily basis. Gloves, respirators and splash goggles to be used as required.
- Some work may be done outdoors
- CSA footwear must always be worn in the warehouse
If you’re looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send us your resume today!
Applicants: Due to the volume of applications, only qualified and suitable candidates will be contacted.
Agencies:Please do not contact us about this position.