Position: Site Supervisor
Reports to: Project Full-time, Permanent Manager
Location: Whistler, BC
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Canstar Restorations is looking for a fantastic individual to join our Whistler team. We are a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. From humble beginnings with just a single employee, our team has grown to six branches in two provinces and over 240 skilled and compassionate individuals.
To assist and support the Project Manager with the day-to-day management of construction related projects including site visits, customer service, supervision, productivity and quality control. Projects must be completed on-time, on-budget and to established quality standards. The role involves extensive use of Xactimate, scope writing and overseeing the reconstruction phase of multiple projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in writing and reviewing scopes of work to ensure accuracy of work as well as labour and materials required for completing the job
- Develop a detailed materials list for assigned projects as per completed scope of work and approved budget
- Assist the Project Manager in developing a flow chart that includes task timelines and project completion date
- Assess damaged properties and use computer aided estimating program (Xactimate) to produce estimates
- Liaises with external stakeholders including but not limited to, suppliers, representatives from the insurance company and sub-trades
- Obtain necessary permits as required
- Supervise and coordinate both production employees and subcontractors, and maintain orderliness, organization and quality control on the job site
- Complete all necessary project documentation including work authorizations, stage approval sign-offs, and completion certificates
- Respond to emergency calls and follow-through to completion
- Complete minor deficiencies to acceptable quality standards
- Assist with on site clean-up and debris removal as required
- Ensure all relevant safety standards are followed according to Canstar and WorkSafe BC requirements
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1-year relevant supervisory experience in a construction/restoration environment is required
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience in construction and carpentry is considered beneficial
- Experience working with a variety of structures (residential and commercial)
- Experience working in the insurance restoration industry is considered beneficial
- Valid BC driver’s license, with a satisfactory driver abstract
- Previous project management experience is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be professional and safety conscious
- Strong computer skills (MS Office)
- Knowledge of and ability to complete carpentry duties
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to use Xactimate; complete checklist, diagrams, and take photos for its use
- Good working knowledge of working with construction related machinery, equipment, chemical applications, practices and mechanical devices
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organizational, negotiation and supervisory skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- This position primarily reports out of the Whistler office but also travels along the Sea-to-Sky Highway and to job sites within the Lower Mainland area
- There is a considerable amount of driving required
- Shifts vary but usually are from 8:00am to 4:30pm less a half hour unpaid lunch break
- Overtime is required on a periodic basis.
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts
- Paid sick days, health/dental benefits, RRSP matching and tuition reimbursement!
- We have a fantastic and friendly culture here! We work hard but we also have fun, we care about each other, we support each other and we pull together as one team!
- You will be part of an organization that likes giving back to the community! We support local charities and fundraisers such as the BCSPCA (to help our furry friends), Hospice Society, Habitat for Humanity and the SHARE Food Bank
- We like to promote from within – if you want a career with advancement opportunities, then this is the place for you!
- Play Land Family Days, LobsterFest, Quarterly Breakfasts and many more!