Position: Sales / Branch Manager (Restoration)
Reports to: Director of Operations
Branch: Victoria, BC
Canstar Restorations is a full-service restoration company with six well established offices in British Columbia and Alberta. We help people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire and water. We currently have over 240 employees and take pride in being reputable for high quality work since 1985. Canstar Restorations is opening its first branch in the Victoria area in 2020.
As the first hire in this new market, this role will be responsible for sales, branch management and initial project management. Responsibilities include establishing and developing relationships with clients, overseeing daily branch operations and hiring and motivating staff. This position is best suited to someone with ambition, has strong communication and interpersonal skills, is decisive, acts with integrity, is analytical and can lead an exceptional work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a client base in the market and ensure a steady flow of claims
- Generate new leads through relationships with adjusters, property managers, commercial and institutional prospects
- Network and attend industry events related to insurance, restoration and building maintenance.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to insurance stakeholders. Be proactive in resolving customer service issues.
- Work closely with project/site supervisors to ensure deadlines and expectations are being met.
- Work with appropriate resources to ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner at an acceptable margin
- Educate the client on the process of the timing of service delivery and realistic expectations for contents, emergency work, abatement and repairs
- Manage the overall performance, engagement and safety of the branch. Resolve or assign any facility responsibilities to ensure branch is clean, professional and efficiently set-up.
- Liaison with HR on recruiting, building and nurturing a team of site supervisors and field technicians
- Exemplify the company values: integrity, pride, our team, respect and dependability
- Attend claims and inspect progress and work quality throughout the project lifespan
- Support scoping, sketching, estimating, job costing, coordinating of resources and communicating with insured and adjusters for residential and commercial mitigation and reconstruction
- Ensure industry KPIs are met or exceeded
- Liaise with appropriate departments and sub-trades to ensure that work is completed on time, on budget and meets company quality standards
- Ensure all relevant safety standards are followed according to company and WCB requirements
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with disaster restoration contracting and structural repair
- 2+ years’ experience with project management
- An understanding of insurance claims and property management as they relate to restoration
- Experience managing, leading and developing teams is considered an asset
- Proven success and stability with long-term clients
- Successful track record of managing a team of admin and labor staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a thorough understanding of restoration protocols and insurance claims process
- Must have experience running a branch, office or independent facility
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate knowledge of financials (sales, cost control, margins, P&L)
- Must be able to drive and have a valid license
- Innovative and solution orientated
- Ability to write and interpret scopes (traditional & Xactimate)
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (excel, outlook, word)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time
- Ability to remain empathetic, calm and composed in stressful or traumatic situations
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Extensive travel and driving throughout southern Vancouver Island will be required
- The industry is 24/7 and some afterhours work is expected. There may be times where you will be assigned or scheduled to attend on-call work.
- Work sites may be contaminated with heavy smoke residue, mould, mildew, contaminated water or other unsanitary conditions. Personal Protective Equipment is available for use and at times is mandatory (half-face respirator, Tyvek suits)
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!