||Skilled Restoration Technician
About the Position
Our Whistler location (servicing the Sea-To-Sky highway) is looking for an experienced technician to join our team. Work is both residential (living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, decks) as well as commercial/industrial.
- Flood: Setting up drying equipment, extracting water from structures, monitoring the drying process and providing customer services to customers.
- Demo: Removal of flooring, windows, doors, tile, cabinets, drywall and vanities all while ensuring there is adequate site protection.
- Contents: Pack and document damaged possessions including clothes, furniture, art work and electronics. Ensure items are careful stored to avoid damage and reset items once rebuild is complete.
- Finish & Rough Carpentry: Measure, cut and apply all reconstruction materials, including baseboards, sub-floors, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. Install insulation and vapour barrier. Complete board-ups due to storms and vandalism.
- Other: Daily completion of tracking documents, timecards, photos, and other necessary documentation. Assist our flood technicians and content technicians from time to time.
What you need to have
- A great attitude and willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done. Need help moving furniture? Sure thing! Doing site clean-up today? No problem! We have a great team whose talents compliment and assist each other.
- A personal vehicle to transport yourself, tools and materials to site. Trucks or vans are preferred but cars are allowed for Apprentices. We reimburse your mileage for your travel to site.
- Flexible availability. We are a 24/7 emergency services company and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis.
- Eagerness to learn. You may know carpentry but not drywall. You may be able to mud but not take down cabinets. We want to show you all aspects of re-construction or allow you to teach others if you’ve mastered them.
- Physical ability to complete the tasks listed above. Heavy lifting, bending, reaching etc. is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) including half-face respirator, tyvek suit, hardhat and steel toe boots.