Title: Restoration Technicians (Labourers and Carpenters) – Full Time/Permanent
Branch: Whistler, BC (with travel to jobsites along the beautiful Sea-to-Sky Highway)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm (with occasional overtime and sharing an on-call rotation: great for the bank account!)
- Competitive pay ($20.00 – $30.00/hr, depending on experience)
- Lots of opportunity for overtime
- Paid Mileage at $0.50c/km
- Vacation Pay
- Paid Personal/Flex Days
- Regular, year-round work and mostly indoors! (great for Winter)
- Extended health & dental benefits for you and your family
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Being part of a Canadian company with a great work culture, as well as having 7 branches in BC and Alberta
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. We are a company who loves taking part in community events and we are pleased to help out many different charities, including the Hospice Society, the Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity and our furry friends at the BCSPCA (to name just a few!).
About the Position
Our Whistler location (servicing the Sea-To-Sky highway) is looking for Flood Technicians and Carpenters to join our team. Work is both residential (living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, decks) as well as commercial/industrial (hospitals, schools, restaurants). You’ll learn a lot (carpentry, drywalling, framing, painting, controlled demolition and flood/fire restoration) which will be great for your personal career objectives!
- Emergency Services (Flood/Demo Technicians/Labourers): Setting up drying equipment, extracting water from structures, monitoring the drying process and providing customer services to customers, removal of flooring, windows, doors, tile, cabinets, drywall and vanities all while ensuring there is adequate site protection.
- Contents: Pack and document damaged possessions including clothes, furniture, art work and electronics.
- Reconstruction (Finish & Rough Carpentry): Framing, drywalling, baseboards, sub-floors, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. Install insulation and vapour barrier. Complete board-ups due to storms or vandalism.
- Other: Daily completion of tracking documents, timecards, photos, and other necessary documentation. Assist our flood technicians and content technicians from time to time.
What you need to have
- A great attitude and willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done. Need help moving furniture? Sure thing! Doing site clean-up today? No problem! We have a great team whose talents compliment and assist each other.
- A personal vehicle to transport yourself, tools and materials to site is beneficial. We reimburse your mileage for your travel to site!
- Flexible availability. We are a 24/7 emergency services company and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis.
- Eagerness to learn. You may know carpentry but not drywall. You may be able to mud but not take down cabinets. We want to show you all aspects of re-construction or allow you to teach others if you’ve mastered them.
- Physical ability to complete the tasks listed above. Heavy lifting, bending, reaching etc. is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) including half-face respirator, tyvek suit, hardhat and steel toe boots.
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, please send your resume to email@example.com today!
Canstar is our name and Personal Protective Equipment is part of our game! We’ve been handling hazardous materials for 35 years and adhere to the highest safety standards in protecting our staff and customers from all types, including the Covid-19 virus.