Position: Restoration Technician
Location: Whistler, BC
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Canstar Restorations is looking for a fantastic individual to join our Whistler team. We are a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. From humble beginnings with just a single employee, our team has grown to six branches in two provinces and over 240 skilled and compassionate individuals.
About the Position
Our Whistler location (servicing the Sea-To-Sky highway) is looking for technicians to join our team. Work is both residential (living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, decks) as well as commercial/industrial.
- Emergency Services: Setting up drying equipment, extracting water from structures, monitoring the drying process and providing customer services to customers, removal of flooring, windows, doors, tile, cabinets, drywall and vanities all while ensuring there is adequate site protection.
- Contents: Pack and document damaged possessions including clothes, furniture, art work and electronics. Ensure items are careful stored to avoid damage and reset items once rebuild is complete.
- Reconstruction (Finish & Rough Carpentry): Measure, cut and apply all reconstruction materials, including baseboards, sub-floors, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. Install insulation and vapour barrier. Complete board-ups due to storms and vandalism.
- Other: Daily completion of tracking documents, timecards, photos, and other necessary documentation. Assist our flood technicians and content technicians from time to time.
What you need to have
- A great attitude and willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done. Need help moving furniture? Sure thing! Doing site clean-up today? No problem! We have a great team whose talents compliment and assist each other.
- A personal vehicle to transport yourself, tools and materials to site. Trucks or vans are preferred but cars are allowed for Apprentices. We reimburse your mileage for your travel to site.
- Flexible availability. We are a 24/7 emergency services company and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis.
- Eagerness to learn. You may know carpentry but not drywall. You may be able to mud but not take down cabinets. We want to show you all aspects of re-construction or allow you to teach others if you’ve mastered them.
- Physical ability to complete the tasks listed above. Heavy lifting, bending, reaching etc. is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) including half-face respirator, tyvek suit, hardhat and steel toe boots.
- This position primarily reports out of the Whistler office but also travels along the Sea-to-Sky Highway and to job sites within the Lower Mainland area
- There is a considerable amount of driving required
- Shifts vary but usually are from 8:00am to 4:30pm less a half hour unpaid lunch break
- Overtime is required on a periodic basis.
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts
- Paid sick days, health/dental benefits, RRSP matching and tuition reimbursement!
- We have a fantastic and friendly culture here! We work hard but we also have fun, we care about each other, we support each other and we pull together as one team!
- You will be part of an organization that likes giving back to the community! We support local charities and fundraisers such as the BCSPCA (to help our furry friends), Hospice Society, Habitat for Humanity and the SHARE Food Bank
- We like to promote from within – if you want a career with advancement opportunities, then this is the place for you!
- Play Land Family Days, LobsterFest, Quarterly Breakfasts and many more!
- We are a second family. When things are going great (or not so great) outside of work, you can count on support from your co-workers and managers to help you. We even provide paid sick days!
- We have regular work year-round, with lots of opportunities for over-time!
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!