A Canstar Reconstruction Technician:
- Helps people recover their homes from flood, fire and smoke damage
- Learns and grows in their position by gaining experience in many different areas of construction including finish carpentry, drywall and paint
- Stays fit with physically rewarding work alongside great teammates
We offer a variety of positions including:
Carpenter’s Helper/Carpenter’s Apprentice: Still learning the tools and following an experienced red seal carpenter or trades person, you will aid in the measuring, cutting and application of materials used for re-construction. This includes sub-floors, baseboards, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. We are registered with the ITA and support on-going education through tuition reimbursement. You should have 1-5 years of construction experience in a relatable field.
Carpenter: Having at least 5 years under your belt, you are able to lead demolition jobs, complete finishing and trim carpentry to a high degree of quality and are able to complete patch drywall and paint. You should have experience installing kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, sub-floors and framing.
Drywall Finisher: We are looking for experienced tapers that can repair any type of drywall damage. This includes patch work, mudding and taping at a two foot cut out and being able to complete texture blends. A high degree of customer service is required as well as the ability and willingness to complete some carpentry work.
Demolition: As the first point of construction, demolition sets the tone for professionalism and clean construction. Our demo team completes strategic demolition, taking out flooring, windows, doors, tile, cabinets, drywall and vanities all while ensuring there is adequate site protection. At the end of demo the site is clean and ready for re-build. The team also complete board-ups due to storms and vandalism.
What you need to have
- A great attitude and willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done. We have a great team and are looking for someone with the skills to complement them.
- A personal vehicle to transport yourself, tools and materials to site. Trucks or vans are preferred but cars are allowed for Apprentices. We reimburse your mileage and toll charges.
- Flexible availability. We are a 24/7 emergency services company and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis.
- Eagerness to learn. You may know carpentry but not drywall. You may be able to mud but not take down cabinets. We want to show you all aspects of re-construction or allow you to teach others if you’ve mastered them.
- Physical ability to complete the tasks listed above. Heavy lifting, bending, reaching etc. is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) including half-face respirator, tyvek suit, hardhat and steel toe boots.
We restore buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire or water. We pride ourselves as being the best in the industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work.
Canstar has been in operation since 1985 with offices in Coquitlam, Surrey, Abbotsford and Whistler. We service the Lower Mainland and Sea-to-Sky corridor with our 220 + staff!
Looking for a company that matches your personal values? Ours include integrity, respect, dependability, pride and our team. We work with people during a time of distress and are trusted to restore their homes and businesses. We are privileged with that responsibility and celebrate the services we deliver.