Position: Reconstruction Technician (Carpenter/Drywaller/Painter)
Branch: 11127 15 Street NE, Calgary, Alberta
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Monday – Friday; typical hours are 8:00am-4:30pm with some required overtime and a rotating on-call schedule
Benefits: Over-Time, Extended Medical/Dental Benefits for you and your family, Paid Sick Days, Tuition Reimbursement, RRSP-Matching, Career Progression and working within a Great Team Environment!
We help people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire or water. We pride ourselves as being the best in the industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work. Canstar has been in operation since 1985 with offices in B.C and our newest office in Calgary!
A Canstar Reconstruction Technician:
- Helps people recover their homes from flood, fire and smoke damage
- Learns and grows in their position with career advancement opportunities
- Stays fit with physically rewarding work alongside great teammates
We offer a variety of positions in Reconstruction including:
Carpenter’s Helper: Still learning the tools and following an experienced red seal carpenter or trades person, you will aid in the measuring, cutting and application of materials used for re-construction. This includes sub-floors, baseboards, casings, closets, doors, windows and cabinets. We are registered with the ITA and support on-going education through tuition reimbursement. You should have 1-5 years of construction experience in a related field.
Carpenter: Having at least 5 years under your belt, you are able to lead demolition jobs, complete finishing and trim carpentry to a high degree of quality. You should have experience installing kitchens, bathrooms, exteriors, sub-floors and framing.
Drywall Finisher: We are looking for experienced tapers that can repair any type of drywall damage. This includes patch work, mudding and taping at a two foot cut out and being able to complete texture blends.
Painter: We are seeking experienced residential and/or commercial painters to join our team. A high degree of customer service is required as well as the ability and willingness to complete some carpentry work.
Who we are looking for:
An individual with an eagerness to learn will fit right in here at Canstar. You may know carpentry but not drywall. You may be able to mud but not take down cabinets. We want to show you all aspects of re-construction or allow you to teach others if you’ve mastered them. Other important attributes of a future Canstar Reconstruction Technician are:
- A great attitude and willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done. We have a hard-working team and are looking for someone with the skills to complement them.
- A valid AB Driver’s License and a personal vehicle to transport yourself, tools and materials to site. Trucks or vans are required. We offer generous vehicle allowances.
- Flexible availability as we are a 24/7 emergency services company and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis.
- Physical ability to complete the tasks listed above. Heavy lifting, bending, reaching is required on a daily basis.
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) including half-face respirator, tyvek suit, hardhat and steel toe boots.
Canstar Restorations is a proud Canadian company that has been in operation since 1985. We help people by restoring their homes or businesses after flood, fire or storm damage. We have five branches in British Columbia and we are very excited to have opened our newest branch in Calgary (this is also our first branch in Alberta!). We offer a friendly work environment, generous health & dental benefits, RRSP-matching as well as opportunities for career advancement. Once we take care of our customers, we know how to celebrate our successes and take care of staff and their families by hosting fun company events!
- Extended Health and Dental for You and Your Family
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer matched RRSP
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send your resume to email@example.com today!
Applicants: We thank you for your interest but due to the volume of applications, only qualified and suitable candidates will be contacted.
Agencies: Please do not contact us about this position.