Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
Wage: Varies with experience
A Canstar Project Administrative Assistant:
- Helps people after experiencing fire or flood damage
- Learns and grows in their position with career advancement opportunities
- Stays connected in a friendly, welcoming work environment alongside great teammates
A day in the life:
A Project Administrative Assistant uses their accomplished communication skills to provide backup support to the first voice our customers hear after experiencing a fire or flood in their home or business. They are also responsible for providing overflow administrative support and relief to our Project Management Teams as needed. Accurate and timely data entry of job file information is a top priority, while prioritizing new emergencies and supporting job efficiency.
- Receive new jobs via phone and email, assign to Project Management Teams
- Provide friendly and patient customer service to clients and customers over the phone
- Assign and send work orders to internal and external trades
- Document Filing/Scanning/Uploading
- Provide support with invoice preparation
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner
Who we are looking for:
A personable and well-organized individual with a strong administrative background is a match made in heaven for a future Canstar Project Administrative Assistant. Experience within property management groups, insurance, construction or restoration will have you off on the right foot for this position. Other important attributes of a future Canstar Project Administrative Assistant are:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the ability to type 40+ words per minute accurately
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer service skills
- Enjoyment of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment that’s ever changing
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. We are a company who loves taking part in community events and we are pleased to help our furry friends by sponsoring the BCSPCA (we also have a dog-friendly policy where office staff can bring suitable pups to work with them once per month!). We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work to our customers.
Once we have taken care of our customer, we know how to celebrate our successes. From Popcorn Fridays to an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families, Canstar Restorations takes care of their employees too.
- Monthly ‘Bring-Your-Pooch-to-Work’ Days!
- Extended Health and Dental
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer matched RRSP