Position: Contents Mover
Location: Coquitlam (with travel to job-sites)
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Wage: $16.00-$22.00/hour based on experience
A Canstar Contents Mover:
- Helps people recover their homes from flood damage
- Learns and grows in their position with career advancement opportunities
- Stays fit with physically rewarding work alongside great teammates
A Day in the Life:
As a Canstar Contents Mover, no two days are alike. This role is primarily responsible for loading and unloading contents as well as support re-set moves. Contents can include, but are not limited to boxes, furniture, art, personal collections and speciality items. You will be part of a hard-working team who restores possessions after people have experienced water or fire damage to their homes or businesses.
- Place all contents in the moving truck in the most efficient manner, while both protecting the contents and maximizing truck space
- Ensure all boxes are labelled and identified and all items are tagged
- Check for items that may have been damaged
- Drive 1 or 5 ton moving truck to job sites within the Lower Mainland
- Complete daily paperwork accurately and communicate with team members about job status
- Assist contents staff with pack-outs and cleaning, on occasion
Who we are looking for:
A candidate who can deliver exceptional customer service while helping people put their lives back together. If you don’t have contents moving experience, have no fear! Our industry is unique and speciality training will be provided. Other important attributes of a future Canstar Contents Mover are:
- Compassion, trustworthiness and desire to help people
- Ability to work well within a team, independently and follow specific instructions
- Flexibility as we are a 24/7 emergency services company and all positions will have a component of on-call work on a rotational basis.
- A positive, can-do attitude
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. We are a company who loves taking part in community events and we are pleased to help our furry friends by sponsoring the BCSPCA. We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work to our customers. Despite Covid-19, we still celebrate our successes after we take care of our customers. From virtual birthday celebrations to having achievement lunches delivered to our remote or distanced work spaces, we find a way to share our successes.
- Extended Health and Dental
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer matched RRSP
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, please send us your resume via email to email@example.com today!
APPLICANTS: Due to the volume of applications we receive, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
AGENCIES: Please don’t contact us in regards to any of our postings.