Position: Estimation & Compliance Manager
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Status: Full-time, Permanent
We help people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire or water. We pride ourselves as being the best in the industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work. Canstar has been in operation since 1985 with offices in Coquitlam, Surrey, Abbotsford, Whistler, Vancouver and now in Calgary.
The Estimation & Compliance Manager provides leadership, direction and support to the estimation & compliance department. They are responsible for hiring, training and coaching estimators, while ensuring the team provides exceptional internal and external customer service to stakeholders. This role ensures the estimating team is meeting or exceeding industry KPIs and that Xactimate estimates have been maximized and are meeting insurance protocols.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical Escalation & Expertise
- Provide in depth file analysis in ERP and Xactimate, with consideration to insurer protocols
- Respond quickly and provide expert knowledge to concerns relating to specific insurer protocols
- Review and make recommendations on any Xactimate files for any insurer or client
- Respond to team escalations and work with PM teams, and external stakeholders on resolution
- Review escalated files for quality control and peer review
- Liaise with external stakeholders including but not limited to, suppliers, representatives from the insurance company and sub-trades
- Monitor department WIP as a balance and check to both estimating and compliance staff and to understand the department workloads
Leadership & Strategic Planning
- Manage key areas of compliance for the focus on the estimating team. Set targets for team to meet industry targets and KPIs
- Lead service excellence with a long-term client focused approach
- Lead monthly meeting for estimation and compliance departments
- Liaise with department managers and directors of project management to work towards excellence in key performance metrics
- Liaise with project managers and directors of project management to work towards consistent, reliable information being provided for estimating
- Participate in recruitment, selection, on-boarding and training of new staff
- Lead-biannual reviews and performance management of estimating & compliance staff
- Review and approve mileage, timesheets, and expenses for the department
- Oversee training and development for department
- Oversee Xactimate compliance program
- Oversee and maintain Complyworks and Contractorcheck websites
- Oversee and approve the outsourcing of files if required if volume and estimating delays exceed >2 business days
Qualifications Education and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience using Xactimate proficiently (Level 2 minimum)
- 3+ years’ experience working with insurance protocols
- 3+ years’ experience in the restoration industry
- Experience with MS Dynamics is considered an asset
- IICRC certifications are considered an asset
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Previous leadership experience managing a team is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize and manage high volume inbox
- Knowledge of BC Building Code and WorkSafeBC regulations.
- Knowledge of multiple trades including, but not limited to, plumbing, painting, carpentry, drywall and roofing
- Knowledge of internal water damage, fire damage and structural damage of properties estimation
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead and foster positive working relationship and a team environment
Benefits for You
- Extended Health & Dental coverage for you and your family
- RRSP-matching plan
- Tuition Reimbursement plan
- Career growth opportunities
- Being part of a great team
- This position primarily reports out of Canstar head office
- Travel to other Canstar locations and job sites will be required. Personal vehicle and driver’s licence is required.
- Monday – Friday, daytime shifts with flexible start times
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send your resume to email@example.com today!
APPLICANTS: Due to the volume of applications we receive, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
AGENCIES: Please don’t contact us in regards to any of our postings.