Position: Flood and Demo Technicians
Location: Coquitlam, BC with travel throughout the Lower Mainland
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Monday – Friday; typical hours are 8:00am-4:30pm with some required overtime and a rotating on-call schedule
Wage: $17.00- $28.00/hour based on experience and qualifications
A Canstar Emergency Service Technician:
- Helps people recover their homes from flood, fire and smoke damage
- Learns and grows in their position with career advancement opportunities
- Stays fit with physically rewarding work alongside great teammates
In the role of an Flood and Demo Technician, no two days are alike. Exceptional customer service is provided as Technicians respond to water related emergencies in residential homes and commercial properties. Responsibilities include stabilizing, cleaning, and placing drying equipment as well as completing the demolition of non-restorable materials (did someone say demolition?! Fun!). Technicians enjoy a positive environment with teammates as they pack up content, set up appropriate site protection, maintain a clean job site and prepare for re-build.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a candidate with construction or restoration experience that could get right to work here at Canstar. We are seeking an ambitious individual who has knowledge of building materials and tools as well as the know-how of proper water remediation techniques. Other important attributes of a future Canstar Emergency Service Technician are:
- Valid and Clean Driver’s License
- Superior customer service skills and a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to safely lift, carry and move material and tools
- IICRC accreditation is considered an asset but we will provide training for individuals new to the industry!
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) and steel toe boots
- Load and unload materials on site; remove debris from demolition
- Set-up site protection and maintain a safe and clean job site
- Determine category of water and extract using truck mounts, portables and sump pumps
- Calculate and set up necessary drying equipment
- Clean and sanitize structure performing three-step bio-wash
- Manipulate, block or move contents
- Monitor drying process and adjust/remove equipment as required.
- Demo flooring (sub-floors, tiles, laminate, carpet) and drywall (measure, cut, secure)
- Remove baseboards, casings, cabinets, closets, doors and vanities
- Remove knobs, handles, hinges
- On large jobs, erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades
Canstar Restorations is a proud Canadian company that has been in operation since 1985. We help people by restoring their homes or businesses after flood, fire or storm damage. We have five branches in British Columbia and we are very excited that we have just opened our newest branch in Calgary (this is also our first branch in Alberta!). We offer a friendly work environment, generous health & dental benefits, RRSP-matching as well as opportunities for career advancement. Once we take care of our customers, we know how to celebrate our successes and take care of staff and their families by hosting fun company events!
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits for you and your family
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer matched RRSP
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Year-Round Work (and mostly inside!)
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Applicants: We thank you for your interest but due to the volume of applications, only qualified and suitable candidates will be contacted.
Agencies: Please do not contact us about this position.