Position Emergency Services Technician
Location Coquitlam, Vancouver, Surrey and Abbotsford, BC
Pay $20 – $25/hr + Health/Medical Benefits, RRSP matching, etc.
The Emergency Services Technician reports to the Emergency Services Manager and will be responsible for emergency services including demolition, water damage/flood drying and restoration.
Water Damage /Flood:
- Set-up site protection and maintain a safe and clean job site
- Determine category of water and extract using truck mounts, portables, and sump pumps
- Calculate and set up necessary drying equipment
- Clean and sanitize structure performing three-step bio-wash
- Manipulate block or move contents
- Monitor drying process and adjust/remove equipment as required
- Demo flooring (sub-floors, tiles, laminate, carpet) and drywall
- Removal of affected building materials as required
- Provide customer service while on site
- Daily completion of tracking paperwork, timecards, checkout forms and other necessary paperwork
- Take before and after photos of all job sites with Matterport camera and upload into Encircle software
- Update team members, dispatchers and manager or any changes in project details
- Keep job site clean, safe, and professional always
- Carpet cleaning experience strongly preferred
- Water damage/flood restoration experience is considered an asset
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence and clean driving record is essential
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment as required
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
- Ability to provide excellent customer services to clients, sometimes under difficult circumstances
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a constant changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- The work site may be contaminated with heavy smoke residue, mould, mildew, contaminated water or other unsanitary conditions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided and at times is mandatory
- This position reports out of Canstar’s branches or is directly dispatched to work sites
- This position works on job sites mostly within the lower mainland area but may be requested to work at job sites outside of this area including the Sea-to-Sky corridor
- Shifts vary but usually are from 8:00am to 4:30pm less a half hour unpaid lunch break.
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotation basis
If you are looking to be part of a fantastic team and would like to take the next step in your career, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Applicants: We thank you for your interest but due to the volume of applications, only qualified and suitable candidates will be contacted.
Agencies: Please do not contact us about this position.