Hours: Monday – Friday; typical hours are 8:00am-4:30pm with some required overtime and a rotating on-call schedule.
Wage: $16.00- $28.00/hour based on experience
A Canstar Emergency Service Technician:
- Helps people recover their homes from flood, fire and smoke damage
- Learns and grows in their position with career advancement opportunities
- Stays fit with physically rewarding work alongside great teammates
A Day in the Life:
In the role of an Emergency Services Technician, no two days are alike.Exceptional customer service is provided as Technicians respond to water related emergencies in residential homes and commercial properties. Responsibilities include stabilizing, cleaning, and placing drying equipment as well as completing the demolition of non-restorable materials (did someone say demolition?! Fun!). Technicians enjoy a positive environment with team mates as they set up appropriate site protection, maintain a clean job site and prepare for re-build.
Who we are looking for:
A candidate with construction or restoration experience could get right to work here but if you do not have that experience, have no fear! We are happy to train a keen and motivated individual who has knowledge of building materials and tools with basic construction fundamentals. Other important attributes of a future Canstar Emergency Service Technician are:
- Superior customer service skills and a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to safely lift, carry and move material and tools
- Experience in custodial work, pressure washing, carpet installation or cleaning is considered beneficial
- IICRC accreditation is considered an asset but we will provide training for individuals new to the industry!
- Ability to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) and steel toe boots
- Must have clear criminal record check as it relates to work
- Load and unload materials on site; remove debris from demolition
- Set-up site protection and maintain a safe and clean job site
- Determine category of water and extract using truck mounts, portables and sump pumps
- Calculate and set up necessary drying equipment
- Clean and sanitize structure performing three-step bio-wash
- Manipulate, block or move contents
- Monitor drying process and adjust/remove equipment as required.
- Demo flooring (sub-floors, tiles, laminate, carpet) and drywall (measure, cut, secure)
- Remove baseboards, casings, cabinets, closets, doors and vanities
- Remove knobs, handles, hinges
- On large jobs, erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. We are a company who loves taking part in community events and we are pleased to help our furry friends by sponsoring the BCSPCA. We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work to our customers.
Once we have taken care of our customer, we know how to celebrate our successes. From Popcorn Fridays to an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families, Canstar Restorations takes care of their employees too.
- Extended Health and Dental
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer matched RRSP
- Start and End your day at your Home Branch
- Afternoon and Part-Time Shifts available