A Canstar Crew Lead:
- Helps people recover belonging after fire or flood damage
- Learns and grows in their position with career advancement opportunities
- Stays fit with physically rewarding work alongside great teammates
A day in the life:
In the role of a Crew Lead of our Contents Technician team, no two days are alike. The Crew Leader is one of the first helpful faces our customer meets after they’ve experienced a fire or flood in their home and/or business. Once on site, the Crew Lead will use their superior customer service to review and explain the paperwork and process to our customers. Your excellent communication skills will help guide the Canstar Contents crew to organize the customer’s personal belongings and properly pack and transport them from their dwelling to our warehouse. Once at our warehouse, the Crew Lead coordinates the efficient cleaning, as well as safe return of belongings to their rightful owners once their property has been restored.
- Mastermind a plan for efficient Pack-out, Cleaning, and Pack-up procedure as required
- Use your well-honed prioritization skills to assign crew to tasks
- Be a stickler for procedures and assure all team members are working according to designated packing and labelling protocol
- Directly handle high value items and inventory process
- Use those communication skills of yours to inform production team members and managers of any changes in project details
- Ensure that the Contents Vehicles are clean, organized and well stocked with supplies, at all times
Who we are looking for:
An individual with strong leadership qualities and experience in the construction or restoration industry is a match made in heaven for a future Canstar Crew Lead of Contents Technicians. Some other important attributes are:
- Compassion, trustworthiness and a desire to help people
- BC Driver’s License is required and a clear driver’s abstract is necessary
- Level 1 First Aid certification is a bonus
- Someone who’s not afraid to get a little dirt on them (all while wearing Personal Protective Equipment, of course!)
- A clear criminal record check as it relates to employment
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. We are a company who loves taking part in community events and we are pleased to help our furry friends by sponsoring the BCSPCA. We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work to our customers.
Once we have taken care of our customer, we know how to celebrate our successes. From Popcorn Fridays to an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families, Canstar Restorations takes care of their employees too.
- Start and End your day at your home branch
- Extended Health and Dental
- Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer matched RRSP
- Being part of a fantastic team who work hard but also become each other’s work family