||Contents Technician (Field)
This role is responsible for assisting with the cleaning and restoration of contents damaged by water, fire, smoke and mold. Cleaning Technicians provide exceptional customer service, content cleaning labour, packing of customer contents, site cleanup and completion of detailed job records.
Great with customers? Love helping people? Don’t mind getting dirty and doing physical work? Want to work with an amazing team who LOVE what they do? Consider a new career in restoration!
Duties and Responsibilities
On Location Cleaning:
- Thoroughly clean smoke residue from contents and structures
- Pack contents up with protection and care to avoid damage
- Provide post construction cleaning to prepare a house for occupancy
- Follow procedures for cleaning structures and contents and handling customers’ possessions
- Keep job site clean and professional, especially at the end of the day. Organize and remove all cleaning tools and supplies from the property
- Be responsible for a quality and efficient finished product
- Be responsible for maintaining a clean and safe job site at all times
- Update production team members and managers of any changes in project details
- Complete daily paperwork, timecards, checkout forms and other paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion
- Facility janitorial work as required
Education and Experience
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to take direction and follow pre-established guideline
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a constant changing environment
- Will often work in dirty and/or wet conditions.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available for use and at times is mandatory. This may include, but is not limited to, gloves, respirators, goggles, hard hats, and tyvek suits.
- CSA steel toe footwear must be worn at all times when on job sites or in the warehouse
- The nature of the work requires incumbents to be working with cleaning, deodorization and antimicrobial products on a daily basis
- This position is based out of the Whistler branch
- Shifts vary but usually are from 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Some overtime may be required on a periodic basis
Agencies: Please do not forward resumes. Canstar Restorations is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Canstar Restorations offers competitive salary, health, dental and RRSP benefits with this position.
Canstar supports continuous training and opportunity for career advancement.