- We have a fantastic and friendly culture here! We work hard but we also have fun, we care about each other, we support each other and we pull together as one team!
- You will be part of an organization that likes giving back to the community! We support local charities and fundraisers such as the BCSPCA (to help our furry friends), Hospice Society, Habitat for Humanity and the SHARE Food Bank
- You will learn so much! Every day is something new and you will develop skills that you can take with you for the rest of your career.
- We like to promote from within – if you want a career with advancement opportunities, then this is the place for you!
- Paid sick days, health/dental benefits, RRSP matching and tuition reimbursement!
- Play Land Family Days, LobsterFest, Popcorn Fridays, Quarterly Breakfasts and many more!
Canstar Restorations is looking for fantastic individuals to join our Contents Department. Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. From humble beginnings with just a single employee, our team has grown to four branches and over 220 skilled and compassionate individuals.
You will be part of a great team who restores possessions after people have experienced water or fire damage to their homes or businesses. This role is focused on delivering exceptional customer service while you help people put their lives back together. This role is primarily responsible for loading and unloading contents (boxes, furniture, art etc.) as well as support re-set moves and the contents team.
- Place all contents in the moving truck in the most efficient manner, while both protecting the contents and maximizing truck space
- Ensure all boxes are labelled and identified and all items are tagged
- Check for items that may have been damaged
- Drive 1 or 5 ton moving truck to job sites within the Lower Mainland
- Complete daily paperwork accurately and communicate with team members about job status
- Assist contents staff with pack-outs and cleaning, on occasion
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
- Valid BC driver’s licence
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well within a team, independently and follow specific instructions
- Must be available for a rotating ‘on call’ schedule, as well as some over-time, as required
- Compassion, trustworthiness and desire to help people
- A positive, can-do attitude. We work in some tough situations and every day is different!
Note: Our industry is unique and speciality training is provided