Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar is a Canadian restoration company, locally owned and operated since we opened in 1985. We currently have nine branches in BC and two branches in Alberta. We are a company who loves taking part in community events and we are pleased to help our furry friends by sponsoring the BCSPCA, as well as other community charities. We pride ourselves as being the best in the restoration industry by providing excellent service and a very high level of quality work to our customers. Once we have taken care of our customer, we know how to celebrate our successes. From Popcorn Fridays to an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families, Canstar Restorations takes care of their employees too.
What’s in it for You…
· Extended health and dental plan for you and your family
· Generous monthly vehicle allowance
· Industry related tuition reimbursement
· Employer matched RRSP plan
· Generous vacation benefits as well as paid personal/flex days
· Flexible hours and work from home opportunities
The Position Overview…
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining new accounts, which will include developing the following customer segments: Insurance brokers, Property Management, Commercial, Government, Public health care and Construction. This will entail an organized approach to visiting and developing working relationships with new clients in a variety of industries. This is a position where the right individual has an opportunity to make a pivotal difference to our growing business. Most of your time will be spent out of the office visiting current and prospective clients, networking and generating sales.
Your Duties and Responsibilities…
- Constantly visit new and prospective clients to network and generate sales, while regularly checking in with existing clients
- Be familiar with and attend industry network events
- Build a comprehensive marketing strategy and plan (with milestones) to increase sales
- Keep a weekly schedule of client lists, generated sales and leads
- Provide weekly marketing report, highlighting successes and opportunities
- Analyze data on sales results and develop plans to address gaps
- Collaborate with VP, Sales to develop lead generation plans
- Educate clients on the Canstar Program. Highlight our communication philosophy and commitments.
- Utilization of a CRM to track all leads and client communication
- Work effectively with internal PMs, peers and other departments
- Monitor competition, economic indicators, and industry trends
- Participate in the corporate culture and live the company values of integrity, pride, respect, our team and dependability
Our Ideal Candidate…
The ideal candidate will be ethical, honest and represent the Canstar brand with professionalism and pride. They will have a passion for sales and meeting new people as well as be a positive contributor to our team. If you’re assertive, goal oriented, able to be persistent (yet respectful) and a problem-solver, then we want to hear from you!
Education and Experience
- Three years’ experience in a sales capacity (experience with Commercial and Insurance Brokers is an asset)
- A working knowledge of the property restoration business is preferred but not mandated
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of completing RFQ/RFPQ/Bids is essential
- Ability to build a sales plan and execute it (targets will be provided)
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and negotiation skills
- Organized, strong and effective communication skills (verbal and written). Must be timely and reliable with all communications.
- Effective at managing and resolving conflict with peers, clients, and contractors and able to successfully work and manage high pressure situations
- Ability to use technology proficiently (MS Office, Smartphone)
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own personal vehicle
- A clear criminal record, as it relates to the work we do
The Working Conditions…
- 75% of this position will be on the road; 25% will be working out of one of Canstar’s offices
- Travel within the Lower Mainland to visit Canstar branches and client offices is required (includes eastern Fraser Valley and Squamish-Pemberton Valley)
- Must be flexible to work overtime, evenings and weekends on occasion
- Flexible hours offered
If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity and you want to join a great team, please submit your resume to email@example.com and put ”Business Development Manager” in the Subject Line.
*Recruiters/Agencies: Please do not contact us about any of our roles*