Position: Administration Supervisor
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports to: Administration Manager
Why join Canstar Restorations?
Canstar Restorations is a proud Canadian company that has been in operation since 1985. We help people by restoring their homes or businesses after flood, fire or storm damage. We have branches in Coquitlam, Surrey (Port Kells), Abbotsford, Whistler, Vancouver and Calgary. We offer a friendly work environment, generous health & dental benefits, RRSP-matching as well as opportunities for advancement. Once we take care of our customers, we know how to celebrate our successes: from Popcorn Fridays, LobsterFest each September, quarterly pancake & bacon breakfasts, to an annual visit to Playland for staff and their families, Canstar takes care of their employees too!
- Monthly ‘Bring-Your-Pooch-to-Work’ days!
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits for you and your family
- Industry-related Tuition Reimbursement (50% – 100% of tuition costs!)
- Employer-matched RRSP Plan (the longer you are with us, the more we will contribute for you!)
The Administration Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Surrey, Abbotsford and Vancouver Administration teams (Project Coordinators). Duties include leading, coaching and managing team performance, ensuring team is compliant with policies/procedures and facilitating communication between various stakeholders. Travel to the Port Kells, Abbotsford and Vancouver Branch is required.
- Organize/plan workflow and ensure adequate team coverage across branches and teams
- Monitor team productivity, process compliance and individual/team KPI results. Address concerns in an effective and timely manner
- Effectively communicate changes and ensure understanding and compliance
- Oversee hiring and on-boarding process including selecting, orienting, and training new team members
- Maintain team schedule, timekeeping and personnel records
- Provide regular constructive feedback, coaching and recognition
- Oversee performance management of team members including administering discipline if necessary
- Conduct regular team meetings and bi-annual performance excellence meetings
- Regular communication with Admin Manager, including identifying issues or challenges and providing input on possible solutions
- Promote the company values: integrity, pride, our team, respect and dependability within the team and hold team members to live within them.
- 4+ years’ experience in a comparative administrative role
- 4+ year’s experience in the restoration, insurance, property mgmt or construction industry
- 2 + year’s experience and success leading/supervising a team
- Strong time, task, and resource management skills
- Strong leadership, coaching and interpersonal skills
- Must be confident and have courage of conviction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proficiency with computers, especially MS Office