Position: Senior Xactimate Estimator
Reports to: Estimating & Compliance Manager
Canstar Restorations is a full-service restoration company with offices in Coquitlam, Surrey, Abbotsford, Vancouver, Whistler and Calgary. We help people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire and water. We currently have over 230 employees and take pride in being reputable for delivering high quality work since 1985.
To assist and support the Project Management and Estimating Teams with the creation, review and revision of emergency, content, abatement, and repair estimates in Xactimate. This position will work with detailed estimates of complex emergency loss claims, visit sites post-demo to update and maximize the margin opportunities within the scope. They will also take photos and ensure all the applicable details are captured for estimating purposes. The ideal candidates will be a subject matter expert on insurance protocols, Xactimate, scopes and estimates and will be responsible for training junior estimators on industry best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture specific line items, labourer, material, equipment and tasks to ensure accuracy and inclusion of all billable line items
- Attend site upon completion of emergency/abatement demolition to ensure Emergency and Repair scopes include all relevant details to the estimating process
- Collaborate and communicate scope revisions with PM teams for approval and Estimating Departments for input into Xactimate
- Take pictures on site, utilize Matterport camera, document additional demolition and work completed on site
- Confirm sketch measurements and accuracy
- Occasional review of Estimates after entry in Xactimate to ensure all relevant details are captured and within insurer compliance
- Note: These are representative duties and responsibilities but are not all encompassing and may change from time to time
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience writing traditional scopes and completing estimates using Xactimate or similar estimating program (e.g. AutoCAD)
- Level 3 Xactimate certificate is preferred
- Experience working with a variety of structures (residential, commercial, institutional)
- Experience working in the insurance restoration industry is required
- Valid BC driver’s license with a satisfactory driver abstract
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to complete in-depth and complex Xactimate estimates
- Exceptional communication skills
- Knowledge of the S500 is considered an asset
- Ability to use Xactimate; complete checklist, diagrams, and take photos for its use
- Thorough working knowledge of insurance industry protocols and claims process
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups at all levels
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Intermediate typing and MS Office experience
- This position may report to any Lower Mainland Branch and may work from home on occasion.
- Some travel to job sites within the Lower Mainland and Sea-to-Sky Region will be required on occasion. Mileage will be paid
- Flexible start/end times during business hours, Monday to Friday
- Overtime is required on a periodic basis.
If you’d like to join a fantastic team with a great company culture, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today.