Position: Project Manager (Restoration)
Reports to: Director of Project Management
Location: Whistler, BC
Status: Full-Time, Permanent
Canstar Restorations is a full service restoration company with offices in Coquitlam, Surrey, Abbotsford, Whistler, South Vancouver and Calgary. We help people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire and water. We currently have over 240 employees and take pride in being reputable for high quality work since 1985.
- Competitive Salary plus Vehicle Allowance plus Bonus Incentives!
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits for you and your family
- Employer-matched RRSP Plan (the longer you’re with us, the more we will contribute for you!)
- Industry-related Tuition Reimbursement (50% – 100% of tuition costs)
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for developing and strengthening relationships to promote Canstar and ensure a steady flow of claims. They are also responsible for providing estimates on new jobs, and managing each job from start to finish. Each PM builds and maintains relationships with different insurance companies and adjusters so that Canstar is the restoration company of choice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend new claims and inspect progress and work quality throughout the project lifespan.
- Complete scoping, sketching, estimating, job costing, coordinating of resources and communicating with insured and adjusters for residential and commercial mitigation and reconstruction.
- Educate the client on the process of the timing of service delivery and realistic expectations for contents, emergency work, abatement and repairs.
- Ensure industry KPIs are met or exceeded.
- Liaise with appropriate departments and sub-trades to ensure that work is completed on time, on budget and meets Canstar quality standards.
- Liaise with appropriate departments, sub-trades, homeowners and adjusters of the status of work. Inspect progress and work quality throughout the project lifespan.
- Work with assigned Project Coordinator to ensure all administrative aspects of the jobs are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with appropriate resources to ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner at an acceptable margin.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to insurance stakeholders, homeowners and property managers. Be proactive in resolving customer service issues.
- Build and maintain relationships by meeting adjusters on jobs, providing timely and accurate estimates and billings, networking and attending industry meetings. Generate new leads through relationships with adjusters and project managers.
- Ensure all relevant safety standards are followed according to Canstar and WorkSafeBC requirements.
- Exemplify the company values: integrity, pride, our team, respect and dependability.
Education and Experience
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience in the restoration industry.
- Proven success and stability with long-term clients.
- Valid BC driver’s license with a satisfactory driver abstract. Vehicle capable of transporting materials and equipment is preferred. We do work all along the Sea-to-Sky Highway.
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work.
- Experience in carpentry, abatement or water damage is required.
- IICRC WRT
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to write and interpret scopes (traditional & Xactimate).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written). Additional languages are considered an asset.
- Ability to use technology (iPhone, tablet, computer).
- Intermediate skills in MS Office (excel, outlook, word).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time.
- Ability to work with and lead a team.
- Extensive travel and driving all along the Sea-to-Sky Highway is required.
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotation basis. Industry is 24/7 and some after hours work is expected.
- Work sites may be contaminated with heavy smoke residue, mould, mildew, contaminated water or other unsanitary conditions.
- Personal Protective Equipment is available for use and at times is mandatory (half-face respirator, Tyvek suits).
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, please email your resume to careers@canstarrestorations today!
*Applicants: Due to the volume of applications, only suitable candidates will be contacted*
*Agencies: Please do not contact regarding this position*