||Specialized Cleaner (Junior Flood Technician)
Canstar Restorations is a proud BC company that has been in operation since 1985. We help people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire or water.
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement for continued education, health, dental and RRSP matching benefits. Full-time positions have recently become available due to growth in our field division.
We are currently seeking ambitious, energetic and reliable people who can work autonomously or within a team, and who are prepared to go the extra mile for our customers. The Specialized Cleaner positions (also bear our corporate title as “Junior Flood Technicians”) respond to water related emergencies in residential homes and commercial properties. They are responsible for specialized cleaning jobs for restoration and refurbishing projects of damaged properties utilizing specialized equipment and techniques including, stabilizing, cleaning, and placing drying equipment in preparation for restoration, while providing exceptional customer service. Training is provided!
Technical duties include:
- Providing communications and updated to managers on the work being done
- Determining the category of water (I, II, III)
- Extracting water using truck mounts, portables and sump pumps
- Determining which building components are restorable
- Assisting with demolition of non-restorable materials
- Setting up equipment accurately as per industry protocols
- Cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting areas using 3-step bio-wash
- Manipulating, blocking or moving contents
- Monitoring drying process and adjusting equipment as necessary
- No direct experience or post-secondary education required. On-the-job training will be provided.
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle with a satisfactory driver abstract
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work alone or with minimum supervision
- Ability to lift industrial fans and equipment (30-130 lbs)
- Work is of a physical nature
- Personal Protective Equipment (including steel toe rubber boots, Tyvek suits and half-face respirators) are available for use and, at times, are mandatory
- This position is based out of the Coquitlam Head Office but is directly dispatched to work sites within the Lower Mainland
Starting Pay $16.00/hr with room to grow
Hours of work
- Canstar Restorations pays BC Employment Standards (time and a half after eight hours and double time after 12 hours).
- Employees are scheduled for 40 hours per week (8:00am – 4:30pm) Monday to Friday
- Includes two 15 minute paid breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotational basis. Overtime will be required on occasion.
- Employees are eligible for 4% vacation, paid bi-weekly and stat holiday pay
- Extended health (including vision care), dental, life insurance, long-term disability and AD&D insurance
- RRSP matching after six months service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Personal cell phone reimbursement
- Over-time pay
- Paid sick days