||Junior Flood Technician
Canstar Restorations is a proud BC company that has been in operation since 1985. We help people by restoring buildings and possessions that have been damaged by fire or water.
We offer a friendly work environment, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement for continued education, health, dental and RRSP matching benefits. Full-time positions have recently become available due to growth in our field division.
We are currently seeking ambitious, energetic and reliable people who can work autonomously or within a team, and who are prepared to go the extra mile for our customers. Jr. Flood Technicians respond to water related emergencies in residential homes and commercial properties. They are responsible for stabilizing, cleaning, and placing drying equipment in preparation for restoration, while providing exceptional customer service. Training is provided!
Technical duties include:
- Providing communications and updated to managers on the work being done
- Determining the category of water (I, II, III)
- Extracting water using truck mounts, portables and sump pumps
- Determining which building components are restorable
- Assisting with demolition of non-restorable materials
- Setting up equipment accurately as per industry protocols
- Cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting areas using 3-step bio-wash
- Manipulating, blocking or moving contents
- Monitoring drying process and adjusting equipment as necessary
Education and Experience
- Valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driver abstract
- Must have vehicle to get to job sites within the Lower Mainland
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work alone or with minimum supervision
- Ability to lift industrial fans and equipment (30-130 lbs)
- Knowledge of construction related hand tools and power tools
- Knowledge of building materials and basic construction fundamentals
- Experience in custodial work, pressure washing, carpet cleaning, or carpet installation is considered beneficial
- Work is of a physical nature
- Personal Protective Equipment (including steel toe rubber boots, Tyvek suits and half-face respirators) are available for use and, at times, are mandatory
- This position is based out of the Coquitlam Head Office but is directly dispatched to work sites within the Lower Mainland
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotational basis. Overtime will be required on occasion.
Starting Pay $16.00-$18.00/hr with room to grow