The Restoration Flood Technician responds to water related emergencies in residential homes and commercial properties. Technicians are responsible for stabilizing, cleaning, and placing drying equipment in preparation for restoration. This position is based out of our Abbotsford Office but will be scheduled to work throughout the Lower Mainland.
- Responsible for providing up to date communication and photographs to Managers and their teams regarding the status of the work being performed.
- Responsible for determining category of water per S-500
- Extracts water using truck mounts, portables, and sump pumps
- Assists in the determination of restorable building components
- Works collaboratively with demolition, content and hazmat crews
- Assists with demolition of non-restorable materials
- Calculates and sets up necessary drying equipment per S-500 protocols
- Cleans and sanitizes structure performing 3-step bio-wash
- May be required to manipulate, block, or move contents
- Monitors drying process and adjusts/removes equipment as required
- Completes and posts Site Safety Assessments
- Supports Canstar’s Customer Service Philosophy offering expedient, respectful, courteous service
Education and Experience
- Certified WRT from IICRC or equivalent
- Able to perform a 3-step bio-wash
- Superior customer service skills
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
- Valid Driver’s Licence with a satisfactory driver abstract
- Experience driving and parking a cube truck or full sized panel van is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work alone or with minimum supervision
- Ability to lift industrial fans 30 – 40 lbs
- Ability to load/unload wheeled industrial dehumidifiers 130 – 140 lbs
- Knowledge of construction related hand tools and power tools
- Knowledge of building materials and basic construction fundamentals
- Experience in custodial work, pressure washing, carpet cleaning, or carpet installation is considered beneficial
- Will often work in dirty and/or wet conditions
- Work is of a physical nature
- Personal Protective Equipment (including steel toe rubber boots, Tyvek suits and half-face respirators) are available for use and, at times, are mandatory
- This position is based out of the Abbotsford Head Office but is directly dispatched to work sites within the Lower Mainland
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotation basis
Canstar Restorations offers competitive wages, health, dental and RRSP benefits with this position.
Canstar supports continuous training and opportunity for career advancement.
Candidates: Please note we thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.