We are accountable for providing timely and efficient emergency services to home owners and businesses. A superior attitude towards customer service and strong work ethic is required to succeed.
The position will be picking up and dropping off non-restorable materials to recycling and garbage sites within the lower mainland. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting in the demolition and removal of structures damaged by fire, water or smoke.
- Pick up job site debris throughout the lower mainland and drop it off at lower mainland disposal sites (60%+ of the role)
- Assist in demolishing job site using prying bars and other tools; sort, clean and pile salvaged materials
- Assist with removal of floors, walls, windows, stairways, cabinets, shelves, and roofs
- Assist water damage technician and carpentry labourers with equipment set up, paperwork and monitoring
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site area
- Daily completion of tracking paperwork, timecards and other necessary paperwork.
- Ensure all relevant safety standards are followed according to Canstar’s & WorkSafe BC requirements
- These are representative duties and responsibilities but are not all encompassing and may change from time to time
Education and Experience
- Experience in the construction or restoration industry is considered beneficial
- Valid First Aid Level 1 Certificate is preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence (minimum class 5) and clear driver abstract is required
- 1+ yrs experience driving a 1 ton truck
- A personal vehicle to attend job sites is also required
- Clean criminal record as it relates to work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to safely lift, carry and move standard construction material and tools
- Able to safely lift drying equipment (between 35 – 130 lbs)
- Able to safely lift and move debris bags (containing wood/drywall/insulation etc.)
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the carpentry trade
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills including email and attachments
- Have reliable transportation that is insured for work and has a minimum of $2 Million liability insurance
- Work is of a physical nature
- Work site may be contaminated with heavy smoke residue, mould, mildew, contaminated water or other unsanitary conditions
- Personal Protective Equipment is available for use and at times is mandatory
- This position is directly dispatched to work sites
- This position works on job sites mostly within the lower mainland area but may be requested to work at job sites outside of this area including the Sea-To-Sky corridor
- Shifts vary but usually are from 8:00am to 4:30pm less a half hour unpaid lunch break
- CSA boots must be worn at all times when on job sites or in the warehouse
- Overtime may be required on a periodic basis
- This position does have a component of on-call shifts on a rotation basis
Canstar Restorations offers competitive salary, health, dental and RRSP benefits with this position.
Candidates: Please note we thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone-calls.
Agencies: Please do not forward resumes. Canstar Restorations is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.